- Quran denies the doctrine of trinity
- Quran teaches that there is only one God
- Muslims say the doctrine of trinity is against logic
- Muslims say the doctrine of trinity is a post-Jesus invention
- Muslims reject the deity of Jesus
- The Holy Spirit is not God
It may take time for Muslims to accept the doctrine of trinity
We cannot expect that the Muslim will easily or quickly appreciate the depths of the Christian doctrine of the Trinity or of the person of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. As with those first disciples of Jesus in the first century, such faith and understanding will normally only come at a later stage in the Muslim’s relationship to Jesus Christ. But right at the start of our witness with Muslims we may well find it necessary to show that we are not polytheistic or carnal in our faith, so that the Muslim may feel free to explore Christian truth with an open mind.