(1 Pet 3:15 NIV) Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,
Remember that you are not out there to win an argument. Your aim is to win the soul. If you sense that your arguments are pushing him away, then back off. There will be another chance to witness to him.
Get to the root issue
The best way to conquer an objection is to ask why. Do not try to second-guess his reasons for not wanting to accept the gospel.
- Why is Christianity the only way? All religions are the same.
- How do I know the Bible is the Word of God?
- Did Jesus really resurrect from the dead?
- Isn’t being good sufficient to save us?
- I’ve always believed in God OR I go to church regularly
- God cannot forgive me
- I am a freethinker OR I have not given religion much thought
- I don’t think I need to make the choice at all
- Not prepared for the sacrifice
- How do I know that God exists?
- A loving God will not send someone to hell
- If God is a loving God, why are there so much suffering in this world?
- I don’t think that believing in Jesus is the only way.
- Why should I believe in Christianity? I’ve known a lot of horrible people who are Christians.