The Ten Commandments
In today’s society, submitting yourself to a set of rules is not a popular proposition. Many people would like to live their lives as they see fit. They would not allow anyone or any rules to dictate their life. “Freedom” at all cost!
This failure to submit oneself to God’s moral laws is responsible for the deterioration of society. Right from the time of Moses, God gave us absolute laws to follow. These laws were not only applicable to the people of Moses’ time but also to us today.
The purpose of this series is to examine how we can apply these ancient principles to modern day living.
- You shall have no other gods before me
- You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything
- You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God
- Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. On it you shall not do any work
- Honour your father and your mother
- You shall not murder
- You shall not commit adultery
- You shall not steal
- You shall not give false testimony against your neighbour
- You shall not covet